Email our Elmer group if you need help. You may also use Discord, groups.io, facebook.
GARS is providing “expert” volunteers to help with any ham radio related questions.
The current areas the Elmers have specified they either know or can get most questions answered are listed below. However, any area that you have questions in can be sent to the Elmers. When you send the email, put in the area of the question – makes it easier to get to the right “expert”.
Some of the areas where there are volunteer Elmers:
- Raspberry Pi
- Linux-based ham radio apps
- Antenna design, troubleshoot and launching
- Antenna matching and tuners
- Transmission lines (coax, twin-lead/ladder line, BALUN/UNUN)
- LF/MW/HF/VHF/UHF/Microwave propagation
- Audio and phone operation
- Power supplies
- General rig troubleshooting
- Mountaintop operations
- Solar and battery power
- VHF/UHF/Microwave operation (including VUCC and general 6 meter operation)
- HF operation (including 160 meter and 60 meter operation)