2017 May Madness
Logs must be submitted electronically by midnight May 31, 2017 to AB4HF
The following are the rules for our May Madness contest this year the Contest begins 5/5/17 at 6:00 PM and ends 5/14/17 at 11:59 PM
MAY MADNESS 2017
(A contest for GARS members only)
1. Contest begins 5/5/17 at 6:00 PM and ends 5/14/17 at 11:59 PM
2. Only GARS members may participate
3. Bands – any band that a Technician class is permitted to work voice.
2 Meters, 1.25 Meters, 70 cm, 33 cm, 23 cm, Any amateur GHz freq,
HF 10 Meters (28.300- 28.500)
SSB, (voice) FM, Digital Voice
5. Contacts may be simplex or repeater
Any simplex frequency is allowed
6. Any station can be worked once per band per mode (Once on simplex or repeater. These are not two separate modes but analog and digital are logged as different contacts)
Call Sign. Old GARS member, or New member(give year/month joined GARS)
1 point for each voice contact ( digital voice and analog can be logged separately).
1 bonus point for each new member contact per band per mode.
New members are those who have joined GARS since 6/1/16. Anyone who was a member in the past but has not been a dues paying member for at least 10 years prior to rejoining after 6/1/16 is considered a new member for purposes of this contest. (since a new member cannot contact himself he automatically receives 1 bonus point per band per mode).
Highest overall score wins special prize…W4KLY’s Tube trophy
Top Ten scores receive a unique GARS hat unique to this year’s contest
All participants who turn in a log receive a GARS patch, or decal.
XYL or YL with the most points receives certificate “May Madness XYL/YL”
Log Call Sign of station contacted, NM or OM, Frequency, Mode, and date of contact
Logs must be submitted electronically by midnight May 31, 2017 to AB4HF1@gmail.com
11. Suggested Simplex Frequencies
Voice 146.505, 146.520, 446.00, 52.525 28.345 Any repeater
12. Arranged Contacts
Times for contacts and frequencies to be used may be arranged
Individuals cannot be within sight of each other except in the case where one or both is in a moving vehicle. Both cannot be in the same vehicle.
The net control for the GARS net or, any ARES net on, or the “Know it all Net”, or any net, may not count each check in as a contact nor may each check in count the net control as a contact.
15. Interpretation of the rules will be called by the referee AB4HF. (There are no instant replays. All calls on the field are final.) All interpretations by the referee are final on 5-31-2017, at the end of the contest.