GARS Exam Session – Second Sunday Every Month
Start Time: 2:00 PM
Gwinnett County Fire Station #24
2735 Mall of Georgia Blvd
Buford, GA 30519
Contact: Sid Weaver N4NQ
Fee: $14.00 (CASH ONLY)
What to Bring to our Exam Session:
- A Government Issued Photo ID – Driver’s license, Passport, etc.
- Your Social Security card unless you already have an FRN
- Minors without a Photo ID must bring their SS Card and Birth Certificate
- Two (2) copies of your original license
- Your original CSCE and two (2) copies for any outstanding elements passed
- A pen and a pencil with eraser
- Calculators with memory must be cleared – CELL PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Current Exam Fee is $14.00 – CASH ONLY – CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- Walk-ins are welcome – No pre-registration required
*** Cell phones, Smart watches, Bluetooth headsets, earbuds, etc. MUST BE TURNED OFF AND PUT AWAY ***
- Try the free online practice exams – Google search “ham practice exam”. Use more than one website.
- If you are unlicensed and don’t feel comfortable putting your SSN on the 605 form, get an FCC Registration Number (FRN) – Google search “get frn number”.
Additional Exam Sessions
The following information is provided by GARS as a service to the metro Atlanta ham radio community and is not responsible for errors or changes. Please call to confirm these schedules below before going.
First Sunday – ODD Months
4986 Highway 53
Braselton, GA 30517
First Sunday – EVEN Months
Start Time: 2:00 PM (February, April, June, August, October, December)
470 Crescent Drive,
Gainesville, GA 30501
Contact: Perry Roper, KO4RD
Start Time: 10:00 AM; Walk-ins are welcome, but must arrive prior to 10AM.
Alpharetta Recreation & Parks Department
Alpharetta Adult Activity Center
13450 Cogburn Road
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Contact: Ian Kahn
Second Saturday – ODD Months
Start Time: 8:30 AM
Stone Mountain, GAGMC Community Center (next to the library)
5325 Leon St.
Stone Mountain, GA
Contact: FRANK HAYNES KV4SP
The exams will no longer be walk-ins, those wishing to test must register by either e-mailing or calling the contact person listed.
Start Time: 9:00 AM
Marietta First United Methodist Church
56 Whitlock Avenue
Contact: Larry Huff, WA4CQZ
Start Time: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM; except Nov. & Dec.
66 McElroy Street
Winder, GA 30680
(located behind the current Barrow County Annex Building on East Broad Street (GA Hwy 82)
Contact: STEVE DONELLAN, N5SMD
Start Time: 7:00 PM
United Way Service Center
6279 Fairburn Road
Contact: Jessie Clower, KB4WFK
Start Time: 2:30PM
ELEC ENGRG BLDG-RMW218
777 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332
W4AQL & W4DOC
Talk-In: 145.15 MHz(-), PL: 167.9 Hz