Community Room, 2735 Mall of Georgia Blvd, Buford
HAM RADIO EXAMS – NEW LICENSES AND UPGRADES
2nd Sunday of Every Month starting promptly at 2:00pm. We stay until the last applicant is done.
* Try the free online practice exams – Google search “ham practice exam”. Use more than one website.
* If you are unlicensed and don’t feel comfortable putting your SSN on the 605 form, get an FCC Registration Number (FRN) – Google search “get frn number”.
* Save time at the exam session by filling out, printing out, and bringing the NCVEC 605 form to the exam session. ( http://www.ncvec.org/downloads/2017NCVEC605.pdf )
* Please visit http://www.73solutions.com/ for lots of helpful tips.
*WHAT TO BRING:*
* Bring a Photo ID. (Driver’s license, Passport, etc.)
* Bring your Social Security card unless you already have an FRN.
* Minors without a Photo ID must bring their SS Card and Birth Certificate.
* Bring your original license and two (2) copies.
* Bring your original CSCE and two (2) copies for any outstanding elements passed.
* Bring a pen and a pencil with eraser.
* Calculators with memory must be cleared. CELL PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED.
* Current Exam Fee is $14.00. Cash only. CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
* Walk-ins are welcome. No pre-registration required.
*MORE INFORMATION:* http://gars.org/exams/
CVE – Dave Bruse, W4DTR
Co-CVE – Sid Weaver, N4NQ
Co-CVE – Don Bagby, KK4NJM
Co-CVE – Chuck McCord, KK4TKJ